Durable Garage Floor Epoxy
Life of Ownership Warranty
Our garage floor coatings provide a durable, Non-Slip, stain resistant finish. Florida's only true epoxy Anti-Slip Garage Floor resinous system is state of the art. It will increase the value of your home and cost much less than other floor alternatives. Our epoxy garage floor coatings are engineered and highly functionally formulated, made of 100% solids epoxies, urethanes and polyaspartic resins.
More and more property owners are learning about the tremendous advantages that flooring systems from Non Slip Services brings to their home compared to conventional floor coverings. Our products offer residential flooring solutions that are durable enough to withstand vehicular traffic, will not stain like tile, grout or carpet and does not easily scratch like hardwood. The options are endless. Choose from different patterns, textures, colors, designs and more. Our multiple finishes offer versatile solutions to meet the specific needs of any interior or exterior application. These systems can withstand heavy abuse and extreme environments.
The durable finish holds up against stains, liquids, and extremes of heat. It’s also UV stable so your floor won’t fade over time. All of our products last for years, and of course are Anti-Slip!
What is Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
An epoxy garage floor coating is NOT same as garage floor paint. Garage floor paint normally is a latex acrylic product. Some paints will have a small percentage of epoxy added to the mix to make it more durable than standard paint, but it is still paint.
Epoxy is an actual thermosetting resin that is applied as a coating. It is formed when you mix one part epoxide resin with one part polyamine hardener. The hardener acts as a catalyst and is what gives epoxy its strength.
Unlike paint that has to dry, epoxy cures. When the multiple parts are mixed, a chemical reaction is started which creates an exothermic curing process. This curing process produces polymer structures that are closely cross-linked giving epoxy its superior strength and durability. The end result is a coating that is much thicker than paint and bonds tenaciously to a properly prepared surface.
What is 100% Solid Epoxy Coating
When coatings are applied, two thickness measurements are taken. One is a wet film thickness (WFT) and the other is a dry film thickness (DFT). The coating is measured once before it has dried, and once again after. The percent solid refers to the percentage of coating thickness that remains after the coating has finished drying, or the difference between the WFT and DFT. Usually, a percentage of the solid is lost and thickness is reduced during the drying process. 100% solid epoxy coating will maintain the same level of thickness between the time they are applied and the time they have dried, hence the name 100% solids.
There are three main types of epoxy coating: 100% solid epoxy, water-based epoxy coating and solvent-based epoxy coating.
Water-based epoxy coating is considered to be an “Green” option but least durable. Unlike two-part 100% solid epoxy coatings, water-based epoxy coatings contain only about 40% – 60% epoxy. They are thinner and are thus easier, quicker and more convenient to apply.
Solvent-based epoxy coatings are slightly stronger, thicker and more durable. Like water-based epoxy, they are easier to apply. However, the use of respirators is required because of their high VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) content.
100% solid epoxy coating is the toughest and most durable of these three. These are two-part coatings that result in very hard and thick flooring. 100% solid epoxy coatings are commonly used in professional garages for their ability to resist hot tires, scratches, oil and chemical spillage. They are also prized for their longevity and can last up to twenty years.
Another Garage Floor Coating Option – Polyaspartic
Polyaspartic garage floor coatings are more expensive but gaining more recognition today. The two biggest advantages of a polyaspartic garage floor coating are temperature and time. Polyaspartic coating cures very fast, with a pot life of 10 to 120 minutes depending on the formulation. Typical polyurea and polyaspartic floor coatings are applied in just two coats. This means a complete flooring system can be installed in one day and returned to service the next. In addition, polyaspartic coating can be applied in temperatures as low as -30F to as high as 140F depending on the formulation, which means you can coat your garage floor all year long. Performance-wise, polyaspartic garage floor coatings are considered to be more durable than epoxy coatings. Although they are thinner than epoxy coatings, they are also more flexible and thus can better absorb impacts. In terms of maintenance, polyaspartic garage floor coatings will last as long as the epoxy coatings while requiring the very least of maintenance
How to Clean and Maintain Garage Floor Coatings
Since dust and dirt do not stick to the coated floor, just use the dust mop once a week (or sooner if needed) to keep the floor clean. It only takes a few minutes. Dust mop even works well for floors that have a polymer anti-slip additive in the surface. For floor coatings with an aggressive anti-slip aggregate such as aluminum oxide, a soft bristle push broom is the better choice.
If you have contraction joints or saw cuts in the floor that are exposed, vacuum these out monthly or use a broom to sweep them clean of debris.
Spot cleaning for spills and fluid leaks from cars are easily wiped up with a soft cloth. You can usually clean the area with a shot of Windex if the spill has left a film.
Why Choose Epoxy?
- Visual effect – One significant advantage of epoxy garage floor coating is it will enhance the look of your garage. Manufacturers offer large variety of epoxy flooring colors and styles. Whether you’re looking to brighten up your garage with a bold solid color, create a terrazzo or granite look with a flake floor, or wow everyone with a metallic epoxy, you’re sure to find a floor that fits you and your taste.
- High strength – Epoxy is virtually impervious, and highly resistant to oil, auto fluids, gasoline, acids, grease and other chemicals such as bleaches and daily cleaners. For the very same reason, the floors are considered good for industrial sectors as well as for home. when properly installed, epoxy floor can serve at least 15 years of age, without changing its color.
- High abrasion and scratch resistance – Rolling tool boxes, jacks, and jack stands will not damage the floor. It withstands heat, cold and wet or dry weather conditions. It makes for easy cleaning of icy brines and road salts that can collect on the floor during the winter. Slip resistant aggregate can also be added to the final coat that will create a non-skid surface.
- Easy maintenance – garage floor coatings has no seams, joints, cracks, pores and gaps make the flooring is absolutely immune to any kind of dirt, dust, water and chemicals.
- Safe and hygiene friendly – Epoxy floor coatings does not accumulate dust and do not create a favorable environment for a variety of pathogens / bacteria. Epoxy floor materials used have no odor and corrosive fumes, and are safe for human health, which is mandatory and confirmed by the manufacturer certificates. It is important also that epoxy materials are very resistant to high temperatures such as in the event of fire.
Contact Us Today For A Free Estimate
Commitment To Perfection
Our priority is keeping you safe with our anti-slip floor coatings that are made to last. We pride ourselves on offering the highest quality materials available that can be applied to any surface. There’s no need to worry about falling when you implement our slip-resistant surfaces into your home or business.
As a safety-driven company, we strive to provide durable results that you can rely on. Many of our locals depend on us for non-slip coating installation, allowing you to feel confident in our knowledge and expertise..